Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Remove Resonator

On Sunday, went for a gathering of my "car club" to see how they perform a certain operation on their cars. Removing the resonator.

Resonator is a "little" box in your car that keeps the air intake silent. You know how noisy air travels through a tube when being sucked in ? The resonator takes care of that. Of course, it reduces the amount of air-flow at the same time, thus making your car engine less responsive.

So they organized a meeting in a carpark and proceeded to teach and help one another on how to take it out.



My car is just beside the green car.


And of course, the resonator :




I might do it one day, but for now, I would like my car to be as quiet as possible. I prefer comfort to power.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that thingamajig makes the air intake quieter, should it not be called an "air intake silencer" and not an "air intake resonator"?

Singapore Calamari said...

Beats me. I was just as puzzled when I heard the name for it....