Saturday, November 13, 2004

Award from My Company

Got my 5-year service award from my company. 1 gold medal worth $150, and $200 cash.

I got it when my HR considered my previous length of service before I resigned last year, and proposed to my big big boss. It felt nice that there are people in my company who appreciates me for my work and my contributions.

It felt nice on the one hand, and a little strange on the other. Strange that in this day and economy, I can still stay in a company for more than 5 years. And it is not a stat. board or GLC.

This nagging question will always be on my mind : "Will I be able to adapt to another company, and make it there ? Or will I end up in this company forever." I have tried once to move on to a competitor, but they stink. And when there was an opportunity to come back to my current company, I took it.

Will I have what it takes to succeed elsewhere ? Am I too attached to this company, that every one I go to will stink ?

I don't know the answers. But for now, the pay is good, I will take it.

No comments: