Saturday, November 06, 2004

Finally, a day of godly peace

Past few months, everytime I washed my car, it rained in the afternoon... These few weeks of rainy monsoon season was worse. It was sunny when I started washing my car. When I completed, it was already drizzling.

Today, smack in the middle of the rainy season, it was a really sunny Saturday. I washed my car, and it looks like the weather will hold.. I guess, at least till midnight. Then technically, it was one day without rain.

"Why bother to wash your car when it is raining everyday ?" someone asked me. Well, first of all , it is still quite new, so I guess I have to do my part in building a foundation of wax to protect the car. Secondly, road grime and rust sticks on and eats into the paint and bodywork if I do not wash it off weekly. And finally, (perhaps the most important factor) I am a new car owner, so the excitement is stil quite there.

Maybe 6 months later, I will not even bother to wash it myself, not to mention waxing it.




No comments: