Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Platinum Cards

Overheard at a local restaurant. 2 young (no more than 30 I would guess), hip looking guys were trying to get attention of a waitress, who was obviously busy. After the not-so-patient waitress took their orders and walked to the kitchen, one of the guy commented to his friend, "Wah, why, think I cannot afford ah ? I got Black Gold card you know..."

Very tempted to get my bunch of friends around to all put our "Black Gold" cards on the table and say "Why ? Black Gold card , who don't have ?"

Alas, decency in me always prevail. One day, I swear, one day I will let my inner devil rule.

Oh, and recently I received an invitation from a prestigious, not-so-local bank to apply for a Platinum card. Should I feel honoured that I have hit an income level that attracts attention, or should I feel down that at this income level, I still do not feel very rich...

Or was I plainly mistaken, and that the Platinum card invitation is , in my own words, "who don't have ?"

No comments: