Friday, November 19, 2004

Bad things happen when I am in Ubi...

First time I went down Ubi to meet friends for coffee and then dinner, I hit smack into the worst traffic in Singapore I have experienced - covered about 3km in 45 Minutes !

Yesterday morning, went there again and had extended coffee break with my friend. He picked me up, parked his car at his office, and we walked to the nearby coffeeshop for coffee.

When we are back sometime for lunch, intending to drive out, lo and behold :



Apparently, the security team is not a bunch of idles who simply take their pay and sleep the whole day. They have notice that my friend has been coming in every morning, park the car, and goes to the building opposite. (His boss should pay the bunch of security guards to keep track of his stuff who are "eating snake".. haha)

And yesterday, they must have noticed that he went over and did not come back, and thought that he is just trying to take advantage of the free parking. Thus the wheel clamp.

Took a good 20 minutes to convince them that he is working in the building, and to get the clamp removed.

Then we head out for lunch at SingPost Central building, and I had to use the street directory, even though he has been there for lunch many times... *knock head*



No comments: