Sunday, November 21, 2004

Back from Malaysia

Oh Hello ! I am back safe and sound. Not to worry.
Ha ha ha. Not a single episode for the 8 hours I was in Malaysia.

I brought my grandmother, father and mother in. At the Tuas checkpoint, my father and grandmother needed the toilets. So I stopped after the customs, to let them go. This reminded me of a episode I had about 3 years back.

That was a weekend, went over to JB for dinner with a group of friends. 5 of us in a car. After the dinner, we were on the way back via Tuas checkpoint as well. Then some of us needed to use the toilet as well. So my friend asked the customers officer, where the toilet is.

Then, a civilian-dressed officer told us to park at a corner, and brought us to the toilet. My friends were happy chatting while I looked around. I did not notice any toilet signs. After about 50 meters, I noticed a sign that says "CNB ->". I thnk I was the only guy who noticed it.

After we were inside the office, we were told to go to the toilet. I was already very suspicious, while my friends were still chatting, until they see a uniformed officer in the toilet, giving out bottles.

Yes, urine test ! I am sure the officer must have been happy when we needed to go to the loo. 5 more "volunteers" to meet their daily random check quota ?

My friends were bitching at how can they do such a thing. And I will remember, try to not use their toilets while driving through official checkpoints.

No comments: