Monday, December 27, 2004

Last Christmas, I gave you my.....

Another Christmas has come and gone.

I find myself getting chronologically older and I am feeling older too.
Gone are the days of count-down parties, continuous boozing and dancing in clubs. Now I yawn when the time nears midnight. I have become Cinderella... well, sort of...

Gathering with colleagues and friends. Conversations that touch on the sensitive and the taboo. Trying to fathom issues that range from puppy love to meaning of life.

As usual, people have different opinion, beliefs and goals in life. Sometimes we just cannot understand opposing values or viewpoints. Sometimes, try as we might, we just cannot understand why some people behave or react the way they do.

We start to realize that we are walking further away from each other, along our chosen paths.
We start to realize that we have all changed and sometimes became unrecognizable.
We start to realize that deep down in our core, we are different and somehow, we feel more alienated when we get older.
We start to wonder why these differences did not affect us when we were younger.

Ok, probably it is just me doing all these realizations and wondering.

Still, is it because when we were younger, the "physical" differences in our core and our goals are not that obvious ? I mean, we were all young, single, living off parents, and nothing to our names. Now that we are older, we can actually "see" and "feel" the differences and the impact is greater ?

Or are we more "hardened" in our mindset and as we grow older, we know what we want and what we do not want. That in turn produces more "hard" feelings towards these differences ?

Whatever it is, all I know is

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart,
But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, and the year after, I will do it again,
Until I fill the world with my heart.




Merry Christmas ! I hope that every life that I have touched has become better.



No comments: