Thursday, December 02, 2004

I am "Opiniated"

My manager said that I have changed (in front of everyone). That I am more "opiniated" (he pronounced it as oh-pee-nee-ay-turd) than before. That I have to "watch out" and not to be too extreme. In fact, he did say that I was a little extremely "opiniated".

First of all, it is opinionated. Pronounced as "AH P IH N Y AH N EY T IH D"

I tend to disagree that I am opinionated. Just because I usually let him win in most discussions, that I show "respect" to his opinions ? Nowadays, I am more daring at challenging his concepts. I am now more opinionated ? It should be that I am more vocal. My opinions are still there, and still the same.

After a quick check with Oxford's dictionary, seems like he is right (though I am sure it is coincidental) :

opinionated

adjective assertively dogmatic in one’s views.



dogmatic

adjective inclined to impose dogma; firmly asserting personal opinions as true.


So, in theory, simply by being more assertive instead of being "Yes, sir, you are right", I am being more opinionated. Wow ! I so hate it when he is right, again.

I am sure if I ask him the meaning of opinionated, I am willing to be $5 that he will say "A person who has opinions".

Oh well, like an obsure saying I heard somewhere "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one." I usually do not impose my "asshole" onto others.

And if I want to hear an asshole speak, I would have farted...




No comments: