Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Impact of My Car ...

No, I am not writing about any traffic accident.

After having (I shall refrain from using the word "owning") a car for exactly 4 months (as of today), I shall describe how it has changed my life.

For better or worse, to each his own. But I shall list down mine.

Pluses :
(1) Waking up slightly later for work
(2) Avoid idiotic public transport crowds (Snorers, Loud-Phone-Talkers, Screaming Kids running around, Occupy-a-larger-than-expected-space-and-declaring-it-personal-assholes)
(3) Meet up with friends at anytime at my convenience
(4) Visit places that are not easily accessible by public transport
(5) Talk freely and behave freely while travelling from point to point, without disturbance

Minuses :
(1) High cost
(2) Parking woes
(3) No/Limited Alcohol consumption

Overall, I would say I at the moment, the Pluses wins. Basically more "Freedom" in some ways, at the expense of other "freedom". But with my current situation, I would say I am still comfortable.

No Regrets - Hope things stays this way, or even better, in future..



No comments: