Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Earthquake ?

It was about 12.15am of 29th March 2005. I was on the net, right after I came back from my holiday.

So here I was using my computer, when I felt my computer table swaying. I thought it was me, moving my mouse too violently. Then I sit back. I saw my CDs rattling, my chair swaying. I am now sure that my apartment (or at least, my bedroom floor) is shaking.

I ran over to my friend's room next door. I asked if he felt the house shaking. He said no. Then I pointed to his wind chime that is dangling against the window grille. It rattled. Then stopped. Then rattled. Then stopped. Total of about 5 times.

I looked downstairs, nothing was happening. I was sure there was an earthquake somewhere. I chatted with a 2 friends on MSN. None felt it.

So now it is confirmed. The tremours I felt in Bt Panjang was slight. Or maybe it was because I had felt 2 earthquakes in Taiwan before and in comparison, this was nothing.

But then, water did not spill from my cup. Things were not falling off my table. There was no panic. It didn't felt threatening anyway. And my friend did not run out screaming. So all is fine.

No comments: