Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Dental Visit

Just came back from the dreaded dental visit. It was precipitated by my dinner last night.

Ok. Promise not to laugh. Put up your hand and swear... Really...

Had dinner last night with a few friends. One of them is trying his baking skills. So he brought some cookies for all of us to try. I took one. It was hard. Took the first bite with my front teeth and started chewing.

All was fine, until I finished the whole cookie. I felt something stuck in my front teeth, thus I used my tongue to get it out. Couldn't. So I excused myself and went to the washroom. I discovered, to my dread, that a filling had disloged.

It did not come out completely, but it is definitely loose. I managed to scrape through dinner and supper. Once I got home, I tried to get the piece out. After 10 minutes, I managed to do so. It left a slight gap between my teeth.

This morning, I called the dentist and went over asap. Got it filled. Now I am back. I have to watch what I put in my front teeth.

*~*~*~*~

You promised not to laugh !

Oh well, it was not unlike an incident that I knew of, long time ago. Except that it was more dramatic and I was the one laughing. Ok. Retribution.

No comments: