Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day.

Everyone, well almost, was asking me who I will be going out with, and how I will be spending my Valentine's Day.

After work today, walked into a not-so-popular restaurant near my house to eat. At least, a restaurant that does not have a "Valentine's Day Set Dinner".

However, the tables were still divided mostly for couples. Only a few tables could sit more than 2 - for families.

Could feel the inquisitive looks from people all around me. I am definitely not the typical VD couple.

CNY and then VD. One after another. Continuous barrage of where is my girlfriend, when will I be married. Even suggestions from my father to join SDU or other private matchmaking agencies.

Makes me wonder whether life is really all about finding a partner and then breed. Then what is the difference between people and animals ?

Love ? - Animals are loving too. Seen them on Discovery Channel
Monogamy ? - We have culture and religion that condone multiple partners

The only difference between People and Animals - Animals do not proactively destroy the habitat they live in. We, on the other hand, pollute the environment with our man-made chemicals, actions and machines ; we are the plague that will eventually render Earth inhabitable...

But I digress...

Next year.. Next year... I will try to escape CNY, again...

No comments: