Thursday, February 17, 2005

Semb Corp News

Yesterday at about 6pm Singapore time (I was in Indonesia at that time, still am now), I got an SMS from a long-lost acquaintance asking whether I have SembCorp shares.

I do not have any and replied so.

The reply was cryptic : "Lucky you. For more details, read the newspaper tomorrow."

I thought some fraud took place. Or Semb Corp is going to release some financial news that he is not allowed to say.

This morning, was reading online version of TST. Semb Corp CEO died of stroke while entertaining guests.

And how did the market react ?



Apparently, the market thought death to him was better for SembCorp ??????
With High and Low of 2.6% spread, not bad a profit for a day.

Maybe, my friend should have told me I am unlucky not to own their shares.
So you see, whether a piece of news is good or bad for share price, depends on whose side has more believers. Apparently today, more people believed this is not-bad a news.

*shudder*

I wonder what would happen when I die

No comments: