Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Trip to the Botanic Gardens - 2007

Botanic Gardens is not new to me. But the recently-renovated one is. I haven't been there since their re-opening a few months ago.

So last week, I had a chance to explore some of the new areas, which is a little refreshing (of course the company made a big difference too).

Like the new Cactus garden :

New Cactus Garden

And I was very quickly reminded that I am still in Singapore :

Vandalized Cactus


And along the way, I saw an interesting gadget :

Lightning Counter

At first, I thought it was an electrical outlet and I wondered why...
On closer look, it is a Lightning counter. Now I can't tell whether this tree has been struck 1 time or 7 times...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new Botanical Gardens. I find it more relaxing and probably more things to see, discounting the graffiti, of course.

You should try out some of their cafes and restaurants as well, not too bad.

Singapore Calamari said...

I did.. the cafe is not bad.. but the "food court" is too ex ... :)

Eden said...

Heard previously parking is free .. now they charge but think still pretty cheap =)

Went there early Sept last year and had fun feeding the fishes and turtles, even played with an adorable cucasian boy who marvelled at throwing the bread crumbs into the water! =)

We walked and walked and came across an area they said is previously an university's campus - now a little food court. I presume u don't mean this cafe/ food court that's expensive? The one u mentioned, is it the one with a very nice wall feature of arowanas?

Singapore Calamari said...

The food court that I am referring to is the NEW food court.. new building that is underground.

The cafe that is nice is the original one, near the old entrance..

New parking fees - not cheap, but not ex.. can check out their timing on their website..