Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Down. Depressed. Whatever.

The past weeks have been a little tough on my emotions. Was feeling a mixture of slight depression, nostalgia and uncertainty.

I think it was brought on by a few things. Lets start looking at it one by one, and hopefully I will know how I can recover from it.

Work. Couple of issues, but nothing unmanageable. Had an episode where I jumped up in the middle of the night, wondering whether I am making enough profits for my company. Didn't rest well this I got back into office the next day.

Other market problems are not insolvable, and I think I will survive. Just need lots of thinking (that is the hard part) and working on it (that requires endurance).

Personal Development. Have been losing energy. Not been reading as much as I wanted. Not magazine, not books, not novels, not annual reports. Just lacking the energy. Everyday, I come hope exhausted and just surf the web blindly. I think it is time I went back to do some physical exercises to recharge, I hope.

Love. Been very good, so far. Hoping I can spend time with my loved one everyday. Wishing I could travel round the world, work some temp jobs to cover the expenses. Maybe go at it for a year or two. Just manual labour that doesn't require me to think, or be very qualified. Yeah, too romantic at heart I guess. Or just plain wishful thinking. I don't know.

Retirement Planning. This is the scary part. Have not been tracking and monitoring myself on this for a while. Was just enjoying whatever I wanted to do. I think I am set back for a while already. But then, for a plan that requires me to work till the age of 77, I guess I am not much worse off, am I ? Still undecided on the emigration portion. Partly due to my lover not totally commited to that. Might need more time and more exploration.

Overall. Been feeling lathergic, slightly depressed and wishing I had a couple of million dollars to buy my troubles away. And who says money can't buy happiness ? And if the money is the root of all evils, I think I would rather deal with the later evil, than to have the current unhappiness.

Time to buy another Toto ticket when I get back to Singapore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Calamari for Thought,

Looks like you are experiencing ups and downs, a part and parcel of life.
When you have ups, you'll usually share them with your loved ones and perhaps friends too, right?
When you have downs?
Look for a loved one or friend too! =)

Work.
could it hv been too rigid, too routine that you felt this way?
Do ask ard or chat with others, you may unexpectedly find innovative ways to get the same things done!

Personal Development.
What is something(s) that you do and after that you'll feel good?
ie. a sprint? a hearty meal? a mighty scream at the seaside ? outing with close friends ?
Eating habits can also bring about a change in your energy level.
Anthony Robins once shared a "Things to do for 10-days being a vegetarian" at his seminar, where one will feel different and energized when not consuming meaty & acidic stuff that harms the body.

Love.
good to hear that ... see not everything is bad, you have something that you feel good.

Retirement Planning.
well, i'm not good to suggest anything on this. but i know one has to work hard now to reap better harvests in the future. nothing comes free nor easy. One may need to give up something in exchange for another.

something else to think abt ... What are your goals in life ?
don't tell me it's to strike lottery hor, hahaha haaaa

Heavenly Sword said...

As long as you have love, your life will at least be like 7 out of 10....(cos any less than that will not be flattering to your other half). So, it's still pretty good, don't be depressed..! :)

Desiderata...my favourite...it's uplifting...