Thursday, January 27, 2005

Australia Day

You can read about the prelude to Australia Day here

Sat at Swan River to watch the Australia Day fireworks yesterday.
[Edited : 18 Oct 2005 - Removed Photos]



You can see that Aussies are more prepared :


That's a SPA tub they have...


See the Sofa/Couch in the tents and the inflatable pool on the right...



Well, I have wondered what the heck I was doing getting involved in someone else's national day, when I never did give a damn about Singapore National Day in the first place. Well, except those 2 times that I got involved in the NDP itself, but that was due to the fact that I was in the Army then.

Plenty disloyal, one might add. Ah, what the heck. I am here as a tourist and if they want to put fireworks out for me, might as well enjoy it. Ha ha ha. *grin*

At about 7.35pm, KnightOfPentacles and myself went to queue at the toilets provided for the day (those plastic portable types). Long queues. I was joking that by the time we get out of the toilet, the fireworks would have ended.

Lots of planes flying around performing.

You can also see the enthusiam of the Aussies : Coming to see fireworks, even if it is dangerous.



20 minutes into the queue, the fireworks popped up. "What the f**k ! We are going to see the fireworks from the toilet queue !". It was a teaser, luckily. And they sang their national anthem after that. But the queues sure moved very quickly. Very soon, we were back to our "seats" on the grass and saw this :











The fireworks lasted a total of more than 30 minutes. 3000kg of fireworks were on show. I have a total of 282MB of Photos and Videos of the Fireworks.

Ask me nicely and I might give you a copy of it. Heh Heh.

No comments: