Saturday, May 17, 2008

Enjoying HD

Its the weekend now. Enjoying free-to-air HD TV programmes here...

Been a busy week, with a day trip to Canberra (4 hours away). And the coming week will be busy with CeBIT and next week another exhibition out of town where I will be staying in a hotel for 2 nights.

Anyway, posting while watching TV... so its a short one.. haha..

Oh, also, remember the LED bulb that I bought for my MagLite ?

For many days, it couldn't turn on.. Or it would turn on for a while and then turn off. Thought it was the cold weather, switch contacts, etc..

Screwed in the old incandescent bulb, it works fine. Put back the LED bulb, it flashes once and stays dark...

Finally, on a hunch, I swap to new batteries... It worked fine !

I guess I have to change the mindset that LED bulbs behave like normal bulbs... that the light output will dim as the battery goes low. Good LEDs are regulated to give constant power and just cuts off if insufficient.

No comments: