Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cold...

Visited a nearby town fair, for a charity fund-raising. It was small and half the stalls were selling food. Anyway, had a sausage bun that tasted quite nice... maybe because I was hungry.

Anyway, its been almost 2 months since I reached Sydney. This is the longest period I have stayed in a cold place. Previously, it has just been a week or 2, holiday to cold places like New Zealand.

The nights are about 10 degrees and the day is probably about 20 or 21. But it does feel colder if the wind blows, even if I am under the sun.

Need to put more moisturizers and lip balm to prevent cracking of various skins.

Spent money on buying heaters and energy bills heating the room.

After every shower, I come out shivering before it becomes comfortable again, no matter what kind of heater I use.

After washing dishes without using warm water, my hands are so cold that I can't touch any other part of my body or I will shiver.

First 5 minutes in bed is always cold.

This is Autumn in NSW. Winter will be another 5 degrees or so colder.
Still, wouldn't have it any other way. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well,guess the cold is worth it to live the life you seek:)

There is also little pleasures to be found in the cold. Like eating ice cream in the cold or enjoying the fuzzy warm of a beer.

Good luck!