Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Week of Fun...

Last week, I was overseas in Bangkok, in part a retreat to celebrate my birthday. It was enjoyable to say the least.

Weekend trip to BKK, relax and shopping aint bad. Though I am not really a good shopper.

The only interesting thing that happened was in the Hotel room. Shan't say which hotel it was, but it wasn't any 5-star ones.

Seems decent at first. Then at night, while laying on the bed to watch TV, I spotting a small black dot on the white bedsheet... It moved... *eyes wide*

It looked like a bed bug. Then I looked around, hoping that I was wrong about it. Then I found one more, under a pillow. Then another one. That's it.

Changed room. Haha.. Ok, that was my first encounter with a bed bug. Should have taken a photo.

The only other 2 memorable encounters were in Philippines : A cockroach at my night-stand when I woke up one morning ; A small and cute mouse in my 3-bedroom suite which took 4 guys to kill and get rid of.

*~*~*~*~*

The day after I returned from my holiday, I went on a company anniversary holiday :

Cruise - Virgo

A 2-day-2-night cruise to :

1 day in Redang

My first time on a cruise. It was ok. The cabins are a bit small though, and no fridge. Not sure if it is smaller than First World Hotel in Genting , hahaha.

Won about $150 on my virgin try at roulette. Took the money and ran. So whatever I spent on this trip is free, wahahaha....

Lots of Swenson ice-creams, free food, spent $100 credits (Balcony class) on drinks...

*~*~*~*~*

Ok. A week of fun. My holiday tomorrow will probably be quite tame.. And time to get back to work... *headache*

3 comments:

Eden said...

Wow, a chain of celebrations there huh! Hope it's one of your more memorable birthday celebrations! =)

Anonymous said...

nothin to do with this post, jsut wanted to know if your friend D is doing well in oz.

Singapore Calamari said...

Hi Anonymous,

D's doing fine.

May I know who you are ? Please leave a name next time.