Friday, August 24, 2007

Now I know where the money came from...

Oh, I almost wanted to rejoice on the additional 1% I am going to get from my CPF accounts.
1% more, for the first 20k in my Ordinary Account.
1% more, for my Special Account & Medisave Account. I figure up to first 40k, since I already have 20k in my OA.

Then I read that instead of having a fixed 4% interest rate for SA and MA as it is right now. It will be "re-pegged to an appropriate long-term bond rate".

According to a news report :
Private sector economists said the rates could be pegged to government-issued bonds.

"If we peg it to a SGS bond, it will definitely be below the target 4 percent rate. Our thoughts are that, they might be looking at a bond issued by say, Temasek, which has typically in previous years averaged returns more than 4 percent. So we can probably enjoy higher returns in that way," said Alvin Liew, economist at UOB Treasury Research.

So, if the govt decides to peg to SGS bond, I will not be getting the 5% in my SA & MA as I thought. It will be lower...


Oh and last night, the news came out. ERP rates increased. More ERP Gantries.

Damn, I knew there isn't going to be free money....

No comments: