Monday, August 13, 2007

For me to do something meaningful...

Contributions of money here and there to charities are not really that meaningful to me anymore.

A friend is now deeply involved in helping the Hmong refugee camps in Thailand.
http://newlifeoutreach.blogspot.com/


I am now asking for all your assistance. As individuals, I think I am not in any power to change the situation.

But I can contribute a little to their living and making it more comfortable : Winter is coming soon. And many will die in the refugee camp.

If you have any blankets and winter clothes to donate, please let me know.
If you feel like making monetary donations, please let me know too.
Or you can contact the site author directly.

This is going to be totally trust-based, though I am sure the author (my friend) will do his utmost to ensure that donations and trusts are not abused. But we have to know, he has no money to hire accountants.

4 comments:

Eden said...

I totall agree with you about the money contributions. I would prefer to use the money to buy what is needed instead too.
Let me see how many blankets & winter clothings i can collect over here from my colleagues & friends. May need your help in transporting them to your friend it the collection is huge wor =)

Eden said...

Sigh ... no response from my colleagues =(

So far only 1 person asked if she can give away her red-colored jacket (those that one wear when going to places below 0 degrees) ...

Singapore Calamari said...

Hi Eden,

No Problem. Every bit counts. Thanks for the effort !

Eden said...

Yippee got some old blankets contribution from my mom too! ^^