Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Taking my mind off...

I think my passion is coming back... or is it ?

My Germinating Passion


Anyway, I have recently purchased a new toy from Australia :
Nuvi 310 Australian Version

This is the first time I have experienced buying something from Australia, especially IT products. It is well known that IT stuff in Australia is more expensive. But I have justified to myself the following :

(1) Nuvi 310 in Singapore doesn't have TTS feature. This one has.
(2) Cheapest Nuvi 310 in Singapore (without TTS) is S$655. Nuvi 360 (with Europe Map preloaded that I will not use) with TTS feature is more than S$1,200
(3) Australia City Navigator maps sold in Singapore costs S$600+
(4) I need the official, more detailed Australia Map (for whatever reasons... hee hee)
=> If I buy the cheapest in Singapore + Australia Navigator, it will cost me S$1,200+ and still doesn't have TTS feature !

I bought this for A$900 excluding shipping.
I figure I had a bargain. Just for my unique requirements of the Australian Map.

Here is how it would look like, in action :
Simulated Screen

Ok. So now you roughly know where I am. Hahaha.

Cool eh ! Now I am never lost !

And this is much better than any human navigator. It will not scold me, or call me an idiot. No many how many wrong turns, it will faithfully guide me to my destination in an even tone.

Probably the only funny thing is that it pronounces some names with Australian accent that sounded very different from the actual way it is supposed to be pronounced. Mostly due to Malay/Chinese origins of our local road names. I will consider that free entertainment. Hahaha

2 comments:

Eden said...

yeee ... looks like u r growing some beansprouts or xiao mai grass ! haha

all the best in growing passion fruit ! =)

oh, so u like one of these navigators? ya ya ... except the one that irritates u the other time leh ...

Justikanz said...

Nice passion... fruit... sprouts...

Will they ever flower and fruit? :p

New toy for your car eh... cool... :p