Monday, October 17, 2005

My Weekend Trip

Spent the weekend at Club Med, Bintan.

It started off with a slight scare... The Indonesian Immigration officer commented that my passport has no more empty pages ! I told her to stamp on the last 2 pages... She asked her senior at the next counter (in Bahasa) whether they are allowed to stamp there... I guess her senior told her its ok to do it... I was let in.

Time to change a new passport... even though it is supposed to expire in 2008.

It was an enjoyable trip. Lots of things to play with, lots of opportunities to learn new stuff.

Except on the 2nd day, I had a slight headache and diarrhoea, and slept the better half of the day.

Still, I managed to try my hands on archery, the trapeze, swim and had a bit of fun in badminton.
Food was good, but the free-flow of wine was not-so-good, and the entertainment was good too.

[see the photos in my flickr, link on the right]


On the way back to Singapore, I was really surprised that at TMFT, it was a 100% check. Everyone had their luggages go through the x-ray machine and then a physical search. I don't know whether it is like this after the Bali bombings, or some tip-off. But I do not remember such search last year.

No comments: