Friday, September 30, 2005

A day of Work in Indonesia

Here I am, sitting in the hotel lobby in Medan (Indonesia), accessing their free Internet service, in my shorts with at least 1 mosquito buzzing around hoping to suck me dry.

Today, in Jakarta, there was a massive demonstration in protest of their government reducing their fuel subsidy, resulting in an expected increase in fuel prices of at least 50% (those whom I spoke to predicted 70-90%).

Last I heard, many public transport were not available, and roads were closed.
Luckily, one colleague I left in Jakarta reached the airport in the morning before all these happened.

I am hoping that tomorrow, my transit flight from Medan-Jakarta-Singapore will not be affected.

Yesteday was one whole day of seminar, today was a busy day going around visiting 5 new potential customers. No chance to visit Lake Toba as it is a 3 hour drive from Medan.

Tomorrow, I will be back home and enjoying my weekend.

No comments: