Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Updates

I am not sure if I should put this up, cos what I am have is definitely not really allowed by the books.

But what the heck - I got myself a pair of Motorola SX700R last week. Managed to find it somewhere near Sim Lim. And a pair of the set, plus a pair of earpeice, costs S$180. That is damn cheap (in my opinion) for something of that power.

Anyway, it is a consumer type, thus, I do not expect to be able to conduct any of my childhood spying dreams (not unless I expect people listening in to laugh at me with my childish acts). It is not able to scramble my voice, or use any digital encryption to prevent eavesdropping. But I guess it is good enough for my uses (now you use your creativity to think what use I could have for it.)

Over the last 2 nights, I have discovered some places in Singapore that I had seldom been to. All in conquests of high location so that I can tune into other people's conversation.

And you will not believe what I have caught in just 2 nights.

First night, 2 civilian convoys - one of about 8-10 Rav4, another of 15-20 Getz. Listening to their movement and their excursions. Too bad didn't catch any of the "action on the road" type of transmissions.

Last night, was listening to a couple of conversations, held by what I believe to be dock workers (due to background noises that I heard) talking about their adventures in red-light districts ; Adventures of the close encounters of the breasts-too-large-to-fit-into-my-palms types.

Conversations in hokkien, peppered with vulgarities usually crack me up. Man, I am now a high-tech voyeur. I hope I do NOT find any cheap night-vision with 12x optical zoom that is less than S$300, else I will have to change jobs.

Next hobby - Mod earpiece outlet of my set to go into an MP3 player for recording. Who knows, maybe I will be posting conversations I have heard over the air here. But then, that will be really evil of me...

No comments: