Saturday, August 09, 2008

NDP 2008

This is my first time watching NDP outside Singapore. And I guess it won't be the last.

I am sitting alone in my living room (my laptop connected to my TV) and viewing the NDP via webcast. Not fantastic quality, but better than nothing. Maybe I will be able to enjoy it more after I get my own satellite dish...

Since my laptop is in front of me, I thought I might as well blog something about it while waiting for the exciting parts to start.

How does it feel ? Am I filled with patriotism and miss being in Singapore ? - No.

I have nothing against the country of course, but I don't feel much too. Maybe remembering the 2 years that I got involved in the NDP because I was still in the army. Other than that, it has just been a reason to get together with friends, and watch the parade together while eating unhealthy snacks and getting drunk.

So here I am, alone at home, eating unhealthy snacks and getting somewhat drunk too.. haha

Anyhow, have a happy holiday !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calamari,

At least you watched....I didn't even catch it at all not even on webcast.

Cooking dinner and catching olympics instead here in the west...