Monday, March 26, 2007

Nice but not so nice...

For the past few Sundays, I have been going for morning walks along the tracks of MacRitchie reservoir. (An attempt to lead a more healthy lifestyle.)

It has been nice to have breakfast and then a brisk walk along those tracks, seeing monkeys, lizards and fish.

For the last 3 walks, I have had nice encounters - people who greeted "Good Morning" or "Hello". I have counted that these nice smiles and greetings are from Caucasian (about 4 or 5), Chinese (1 or 2) and Indian (1).

As a comparison, the majority of people that I have come across are Chinese (probably about 60%), followed by Caucasians (about 30%) and others (I don't seem to have noticed many Malays... Probably not that different from darker Chinese. Afterall, I am just basing these statistics on my memory. I didn't pay special attention to counting them.)

Of course, I also have not-so-nice encounters - people who inconsiderately hog the tracks.
Yes, the couple (Chines- Chinese man with Singapore-Chinese girl) who was holding hands walking side-by-side and forced a Caucasian jogger to stop in his track and squeeze by the them.

And the bunch of Singapore-Chinese aunties who were chatting among themselves and taking more than half the track, oblivious to the walking and jogging traffic around them.

Parents who brought children and not teaching them to keep to one side to let others pass, instead letting them run amok amongst the legs of other users of the park.

No comments: