Saturday, July 08, 2006

40K Servicing

Sent my car a little earlier for its 40K servicing yesterday.

Emphasized on my complaint on the noisy suspension. Test drove around the area with the head mechanic. He can hear all the creaking and clapping noises.

Complaint about the occassionally leaking air-con in the front passenger legroom space.
And told them to do a wheel alignment for me.

By the end of yesterday, they called to say most are done, but after changing some parts of the suspension, they still hear noise and thus can't complete it. Asked me whether I need the car back or can I leave it there another day.

I don't want the hassle of picking it up and sending it in again, so I told them to keep another day, but make sure it can be solved the following day.

So I went home via public transport (and I shall blog about my experience in the next entry).

Today, I got it back, and wow. I turned off the radio, and turned the air-con at the lowest so that I have minimal cabin noise. Wow. They finally solved the issue, and my ride is as quiet as when it was newly delivered.

When I got home, these are some of the used items they have returned to me (other parts are obviously disposed, like used engine oil, oil filter, suspension parts, etc) :

Brakes and Filters

Driving my car is a joy again !

No comments: