Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Car Vibrations

For the whole of last week, I had to endure excessive vibrations in my car. Noticable at speeds of 50km/h and my car becomes a massage chair at > 70km/h.

Sent it for servicing today. Found out the cause : Bad Tyre at the rear left.
(Click on the photo to see details)

Tyre Warped Section - Low Res

Am thinking of whether ot change my rims at the same time. Lightweight, probably look better and save a bit on my fuel consumption.. Petrol very expensive now.. Just went up by another 10cents per litre.

Hmmm. Rims + Tyres probably will cost me another S$1k or so. *sigh*

On the other hand, they changed for me my 2 front suspension stabilizer links. Now the knocking sounds when I go over humps and pot-holes have gone down by 90%. The remaining is either acceptable noise from high-speed-over-relatively-big-holes types, or the rear is starting to show similar symptoms.

Will get them to change it for free the next servicing. Afterall, that is what warranty is about...hahahaha.

1 comment:

Singapore Calamari said...

Not that great. 9.5km per Litre.