Monday, March 20, 2006

Emotional Baggage

I realized recently that I can deal with depression and sadness better than dealing with apprehension.

I realized that I can handle my own emotional well-being better than my family's emotional state. Somehow, after years of trying to be distant from family and trying to "bo chap", I realized I can't. Just can't ignore.

Somehow, telling myself that whatever happens, it is not my doing, it is not my fault, and nothing I can do about it. But at the back of my mind, it is always "Is that enough ? Can't I do more ?".

I am too responsible for my own good. I cannot be the bo chap , cool , unaffected guy that I want to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Responsibility is innate. if you lose the ability to care abt your surroundings and start being bo chap abt the many things in life, u'll be losing out on alot.

your conscious will be constantly bugging you "is that enough? and "cant i do more"

you'll probably end up living in fear of letting people down when u had the opportunity to do more than you can.

wouldnt that be a let down to your own life?

Cheer up :)

Eden said...

tas the saying goes ... 血浓与水 ... it's only natural that you feel you wanted to care, forgive & concern.

Me too =)
everytime that bro of mine ignores & scolded me, i'll be angry with him and told myself to 'bo chap' him BUT each time after i woke up, i've forgiven him. =P

since you feel so miserable this way, why not do the reverse. Go along with your heart, lend yr listening ear, lend some help if they need, etc .. i'm sure u'll feel better & happier.

recently, i know of 2 friends whose younger brother (less than 30yrs old) passed away suddenly. This really wakes me. life is short, spend some time with your family before you regret. =)