Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Long time no see

My work looks to be an uphill tasks. Just got some negative comments from bosses about my past year's work.

Nevertheless, I shall look forward and learn from this episode. Afterall, what is the worst that can happen ? I become bo-chap, and get fired ?

These 2 weeks has been very turbulent for me. Helping my boss take care of a colleague who is "politically" weak. I have almost become a logistic cum warehouse manager.

~*~*~*~*~

My new toy hasn't been giving me a smooth time either. Just realized, stupidly, that my Video capture card doesn't include hardware encoder. So I will have to depend on CPU power to do video compression.

Encoding one channel to mpeg4 using most available codecs occupies the CPU at almost 100% already. And quite a lot of lost frames as well. What more of 4 channels ?

However, there was one that did the job at about 30% CPU utilization and no lost frames - Pegasus. But I will have to pay... (anyone can give me a registered copy for free ?)

Am very tempted to use batch files, and use AmCap to do the capture. Simplest solution of all, and able to capture 4 channels simultaneously. Problem is, it is not able to use any other codecs, and the output is huge AVI files.

Well, maybe just buy a big HDD and just clear out the data every few days of driving.

And now, to find get a casing that can fit under my seat, and a good power supply.

Oh and the PCI riser card is ridiculously expensive !!!!!

No comments: