Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Finally !

Finally !
My faulty suspension got repaired, engine oil and coolant seepage was rectified.

But on 2 rare occassions, at about 80km/h, I felt the whole front of the vehicle humming and vibrating as if the wheels are not aligned properly. I am not sure if the engine is vibrating or it is really the wheel alignment.

But if it is the latter, it should occur everytime I reach 80-100km/h. That is not so, so I still have not figured out the cause. Most probably will do a high-speed balancing and 4-wheel alignment if I get it again.


Finally !
I have gotten a new upgrade for my computer. Well, not an upgrade but a brand new one... Wait, not brand new, but someone else's problematic PC.

Had 2 apparently faulty ones. Both Pentium 4. One of them had a sick motherboard, the other a sick power supply. Mix and match, got myself a new P4. Wow. Super fast ! (Haha. I know, it is not that great, but when I have been using a Pentium 2 350Mhz for the past 7 or 8 years, a Pentium 4 1.7Ghz is like a jet plane compared to my car.)

Will be buying a new motherboard and a new power supply (plus casing) and I will have another Pentium 4 1.5Ghz up and running. Should cost me less than $300.


Finally !
With the new PC, all must software glitches are gone ! No more problems logging into forums and sites. No more crashing Java refusing me connection to Internet Bank sites. No more intermittent network connection.


Finally !
I am able to blog from home as the last few weeks, my old PC doesn't allow me to do that and I am too busy these days to blog from office.

But, the built-in VGA port doesn't provide good and steady display at resolutions higher than 1024x768. So I have to make do with lesser screen real-estate, and bigger icons. Oh well, I can live with that when I have been compensated by being able to play newer games and not having to lose my adreneline while waiting for the next game mission to load.


Finally !
I would be taking my holiday soon. 2 weeks in Brisbane and Gold Coast. I need the break. Been having workload piled upon me, while my not-up-to-expectation pay raise has not been given yet.


Finally !
I have finished this post and I can go take my beauty sleep... Or maybe, I should be watching my DVDs for the whole night....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally. Took so long to repair.

Did you highlight the humming and vibration to your mechanic? Better let them know.