Friday, May 20, 2005

My LS Experiences

I remember one day I was talking to someone about stomachaches and needing to go toilet.

It reminded me of an incident that happened a few years ago. Kind of funny now, but you can be sure I wasn't even smiling at that time.

Warning : This is going to be a long and disgusting story.... Read at your own risk.

It was in the evening, around 6pm. I took a bus from Jurong East on the way home. The bus was crowded (thus I suspect it was a weekend), but I had a seat and it was near the exit.

In the beginning, I felt ill. Stomach upset. I thought I will endure it till I reached home. Another 5 minutes and the bus moves only 3 stops. Bus is full. Traffic is heavy. Pain in my stomach is getting worse. I need to find a restroom very very soon.

5 more minutes. 3 more bus stops. Another 15 to get to my house. Decided to get off near a coffee shop which I know is about 3 bus stops away.

1 more minute. Feeling of involuntary rectal movements. Something is coming down. I know I cannot endure another 3 more bus stops. I will crap in my pants and everyone on the bus will know.

I pressed the bell. I stood up. Squeezed my way to the exit. Bus is waiting at a junction to turn right. Long queue of vehicles. Light just turned red. I stood at the exit, legs crossed. Closed my eyes, focusing all my strength to squeeze my rectum shut, holding everything in.

Am I able to catch a cab and reach home in time ? At most, I embarrass myself in front of one driver only.

Traffic light is toying with me. I swear the people around me noticed me. My eyes opened. Still red light. It felt like 10 minutes.

Bus turned. Stopped at the bus stop. I got down. I looked left, I looked right. No public toilets. All HDB flats. Nobody around as well. I took a gamble. Walked up a few flights of stairs.

If I can't find anyone that can offer me their toilet, I will have to dump it in a secluded corner and run as fast as I can away from the crime scene. How about toilet paper ? No time to think about that. Maybe I can use my handkerchef and throw it away. If it is not enough, I can use my underwear to clean too, and just go home in my jeans.

I saw a Malay boy and girl, wearing school uniforms, sitting around their front door chatting. I ran up. I asked whether I can use their toilet.. no wait. I TOLD them I needed to use their toilet, that I am having stomachache.

The boy and girl (about the age of 14 to 16), looked at me. I squeezed my way past them, into their house and run to the toilet. I saw an only grandma halfway, I think she was in the living room. I told her in simple English "Stomachache. Toilet." I didn't wait for permission. She can call the police for all I care - I will crap all over them ! Literally !

I closed the toilet door. Barely took off my pants, the moment I squatted down (yes, it was the squatting pan type) all Hell broke loose. I can hear the old Grandma walking into the kitchen, saying somethings in Malay. I couldn't understand her questions or demands. I didn't reply.

She came outside the door of the toilet. Then she exclaimed "Alamak. Busuk !". Now THAT I understand. And I agree with her.

I took me 5 minutes to purge whatever it is that is causing my stomach to expel. I cleaned up. Flushed the toilet. And now I am ready to face the music of trespassing. I opened the door. No police.

I walked out. Thanking the grandma in what little Malay I can speak, I thank the boy and girl, and stepped out, put on my shoe and walked. My head held high again.

I took a cab home and rested.

That will forever be in my memory. The pain, the strength needed to keep in an explosion, the expulsion of non-halal food waste in a Muslim toilet, the unseen-but-imaginable twitching of Malay grandma's nose when the stench attacked her all-so-fragile nose and sense of smell, the day I charged into someone's house risking arrest. It will be the day of my most horrendous LS experience.

14 comments:

brama said...

This is hilarious! YOu got me into stitches while reading. If not for some racial implications, I may have recommended for Tomorrow. But then again, maybe you don't want the whole of Singapore to know of your LS plight.

Singapore Calamari said...

Glad you enjoyed.

But what racial implications ? It is a fact that I do not understand and do not speak a lot of Malay words.

Ok. The part about the "non-halal food waste" maybe, but I really do not know whether it is offensive to them or not. Most probably not lah..

Just shows my religous ignorance.. But then to an Atheist, I don't care.

I didn't say anything bad about them, did I ?

Anonymous said...

Wah. I also stress reading your story!

Minority Man said...

I think the non-halal issue is significant at the mouth end of the alimentary canal, not the other end.

I mean if you forced yourself into the Malay family's kitchen to eat your bak kua, I think the grandma got every right to call police.

Anonymous said...

Wow haha I was laughing reading this. At least you get to crap at a decent spot ;p

Anonymous said...

wah.. i bow to ur candidness! urh... jurong east THAT ulu until got not a single kopi tiam or mall or anything?

my gosh.. a total stranger's toilet... then again, adversity makes us do the things we never thought we were capable of. Hee.

Anonymous said...

great. I totally can relate. I once peed on my pants inside the bus.

I guess mine is worse. :)

Unknown said...

Dude, you're how old again?!!

I guess most can relate to your LS experience.

Great way to end the day ..reading about other's LS stories, wahahah

Passerby A said...

Fast thinking saved you. My ex-boy friend wasn't so lucky. He crapped right outside his own front door. Serves the bloody bastard right. He left his home keys in the office. When he thought he got home safe and sound to make the big dump, he couldn't find his keys, nobody was home, so explode right outside his house lor!!!!! This was not made up. Really true.

Jaschocolate said...

Wow.. I had days where i feel like puking or shitting, but i always managed to suppress the urge.. Hope i will never have your kind of experience..

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but .... i laughed loudly at your agony! Oh dear! But i would never have gotten the courage to trespass!

Gingerbreadman said...

Too funny! I wouldn't have the courage too. I think... I don't want to ever have to find out though.

Singapore Calamari said...

Wow.. Just realised I got Tomorrowed...

Faith T - That part of Jurong East just happened to be along the flyover to Bt Batok. Too far a walk for a coffee shop or anything.. :)

MT - I hope you were not wearing light coloured pants.. I am really lucky I managed to held mine in.

Ah Tiong - I was about 27yo at that time..

Diva - At least it was out side his own house.. can just wait there..

Anonymous said...

you suck