Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Self-exploration - re-reading my old posts

So now that I started to write again, I thought it is a good idea to read my old entries, just to see where I have been and how my throughts and writing style might have changed over the years. Afterall, we all change as we grow.

First thing I noted back in an article in 2004, is I have lived through dial-up Internet times. Yes. Wow. Especially when travelling around Asia.

Second thing is, a lot of my posts is about bitching at work. Politics, interesting events, etc. So yes, having a job is a major part of my life. I think it is true for most people. Perhaps that's why retiring for many people is not a simple affair.

Third thing is that I cannot remember many things. I remember some pieces of my childhood that are not significant in any way. As in, they are not terrible things or extremely happy moments. Just a random normal day. Haha. I also don't remember giving away my books to my friends before leaving Singapore, my first time using Australia's Medicare, and a few other things. 

Sometimes, it is usually these inconsequential things that we do, seems insignificant to us, but poeple who benefit from them would usually remember.

No comments: