Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year - 2009

Yes, looking back at my blog, this post is obligatory.

I haven't been a person who writes resolutions, and I am worse at following them. So I will just probably review what I have and haven't done for 2008 and what I hope to achieve in 2009.

What I have done in 2008 :
- Uprooted myself and finally moved to Australia smoothly
- Got myself working in a job that I liked doing more and get appreciated
- Bought myself a new digital camera and a few toys
- Read a few novels

What I haven't done in 2008 :
- Continued my stock investment homework. Seems like I made a few mistakes again in buying shares without proper evaluation again and lost some money. Not huge, but enough to wipe out a couple of years of dividend payouts.
- Picked up more healthy activities like jogging or sports regularly
- Read more non-fiction and expand my general knowledge
- Blog more regularly about intellectual stuff
- Complete my Command & Conquer game series

What I hope to achieve in 2009 :
- Continue my investment with due diligence
- Pick up my golf again
- Add more healthy exercises into my routine
- Learn how to be a better cook

2009 will bring lots of opportunities for investments, if only I am prepared. I am not getting younger and I have to start exercising both my brains and my muscles. I think I shall just focus on these few things for the coming year. I hope the rest will fall in place soon after.

Anyway, I wish everyone all the best for 2009 as well !

No comments: