Monday, February 05, 2007

Sleeping Pill

2 weeks ago, I went to get some sleeping pills from the doctor for my occasional insomnia. Last night was the first pill. Took it at 1.10am when I realized I don't feel sleepy. Half an about 20 minutes later, I felt a little high.

Yes, high. Similar to having a few drinks. But of course, without the warm feeling and the accelerated heart-rate. Just feeling high on cloud nine...

Had difficulty waking up this morning at 8. Pulled myself to the office at 9am and realized that I had left my notebook and other stuff that I needed to bring to the office back at home. Damn. Another trip back home to get them.

I hope I do not become reliant on the pills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there - been a long time since I dropped by your blog. Those were some amazing photos you took of the Jakarta floods; and you guys were lucky man!

Have you been okay? Why the need for sleeping pills?

AF

Singapore Calamari said...

Hi AF,

I am ok. Just that sometimes, I can't sleep at night for no reason...

Sometimes, it is due to staying too late using the PC, watching DVDs, TV, etc and affecting my sleep cycles.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I do the same thing - stay up so late. Have you ever tried melatonin though? I've found that it works better than some tranquilisers I've taken (though not sleeping pills of course). Great to get your sleep cycle back to normal again.

Hey, didn't get to see you guys at the wedding :(. But I saw you guys in the photos! Thanks for coming! The whole thing was a huge blur for me, and I can't even remember much to tell you the truth. But I'm happy you guys came.

How's R doing?

AF