Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Another Day at Work

Had to endure through a Sales presentation this morning. My manager tasked one of the new sales guy to give a presentation. Life was hell for him for the last 3 months. Being a pawn in the office political game...

Not going to bore everyone with the details, but this is not the first game my manager has played. I wager it is not the last. Man, things I have to endure to earn a decent day's pay...

Had to console and have a heart-to-heart talk with the poor guy, who has sort of given up. Did it over coffee at West Coast Park in the middle of the afternoon...

Yeah yeah, "Lucky sales people" you might envy... But alas, life of a sales person is exactly like a bed of roses.. Looks nice from far, but you wouldn't like to be rolling in it - For every stalk of rose, there are 10 thorns under it...

Back home after dinner and completed my series of Band of Brothers series DVD. Yes, I am slow, I know. Kind of reminds me of some part of my own experiences back in NS days... And most parts of my reservist...

Speaking of which, I just have a few more to go.. wooo hooo..


No comments: