Friday, December 24, 2010

My Childhood - Part 8

When I was younger in Primary school, I used to have tuition in the PAP Kindergarten below my block of flats.
A tutor would have access to one of the classrooms in the evening. She's not the day-time teacher of the said kindergarten.

I remembered once, after doing my assignments, I simply took a stroll across to the other classrooms (separated by partitions that are not locked) to explore. Opened drawers and cabinets, etc.

Then one day, I struck gold. Well, not gold but close enough. There, in a cabinet, was a box of blackboard-chalks. Or so I thought. I opened it and there were money in there. Looking back, that's probably the temporary petty cash box a teacher used to put school fees in, before handing them to administration.

I took a coupe of dollars and some coins, I hoped it was not enough to make the person-in-charge immediately detect my theft.

After the class, I went to buy some candies... yeah !

After that, almost every week, I would make myself some pocket money....until about 2 months later, the box was gone ! How could they.. how could they deprive me of my hard earned candies... :(