Sunday, December 18, 2016

Cockroach in my Car

EEEEeeeek ! I hate cockroaches ! Breathe.....

Ok. So I arrived early and was parked early for my next work appointment. I am sitting in the back of my car doing some work on the laptop and was on the phone. I was looking around and noticed a small piece of black dirt stuck on the ceiling. I took a piece of tissue and removed it.

Then I started looking around and saw more pieces of black dirt on other parts of the ceiling. I also noticed some dirt on the car door panels. And one of the black dirt on the ceiling had dried water mark around it.

Did I carry anything that could have spilled dirty stuff around the car that I hadn't noticed until now ?

I walked around and cleaned up all the dirt. While I was on the phone, I was wondering where they came from. And suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw something familiar and scary. There, on the other side of the car, standing on the door panel, is a large cockroach !

I have a phobia of cockroaches... Did I tell you I hate them ?
I will try my best not to touch them. And I hate smacking them, because then it would leave the innards and slimy stuff all over everywhere. If I had to smack a cockroach in my car, I will have to sell my car (and I just bought it less than a year ago !)

So I had to spend the whole day hunting for it, hoping I can chase it out of the car. Spent the day driving everywhere meeting customers. Finally, when I got home, I sprayed insecticide all over the carpet, crevices and all.  Closed all the doors and let it cook.

The next morning, I nervously checked everywhere. Couldn't find it. Maybe it had died in the railings of my rear seat (which is under the floorboard.) Eventually, I unfolded my 3rd-row seats and there it was on the floor. I know it is dead, but I still went to the garden to grab a pair of tongs to dispose of the carcass. Not touching it with my bare hands.

When I was done, I considered throwing the tongs away.. But nah, it is used for gardening anyway.

Bloody cockroaches...



No comments: