Saturday, December 04, 2010

My Childhood - Part 7

Ok, it's almost a year now.... Gosh.


So here's my promised instalment of part of my childhood.

I can't remember when this happened, but I must have been no older than 10. Of course, my parents do not buy as much sweets and candies as I would like. I wanted more, always.

Then one day, I was wearing a shirt that my grandma made for me. It was from floral textile, with a collar, and 2 pockets along the lower hem near my waist. I guess she thought it would be a good idea. It was really a design that I haven't seen before, as most shirts had breast pockets.

And the size of the 2 pockets (left and right), I swear, were the right size for a pack of 3-tube mentos. Same width, same height. I was sure my grandma made this shirt for my next endeavor - putting 1 pack in each pocket and strolling out from the supermarket.

And that's what I did. All it took for me to hide them was to wear baggy pants/shorts and tuck my shirt in like a good boy...

I did it a couple of times and stopped. I can't remember why, honestly. Maybe I got caught, maybe I just knew I shouldn't do it too often.

Ok.. next episode - how I stole money...

No comments: